Wednesday, April 24, 2013

World Music Festival

Last weekend was the World Music Festival that RISE hosted. It was wonderful! There were so many bands and performers there that were just an awesome sight to see. My favorite part of the whole experience was the African Tribal Dance Party. I rushed to my dorm to put on my beautiful skirt and danced barefoot all night long to Ogya and Miwasa. They were really awesome bands. What was really cool is that the setting was so intimate that I actually got to speak to the members of the bands and become friends with them.

It was such a spiritual experience. I just felt so primitive and connected to the Earth. I know we are a part of the Earth, that we came from the Earth, and yet I don't always feel as connected to Earth as I should. Dancing under the sun and the moonlight in the dark green grass surrounded by beautiful oak trees really helped me connect. It's wonderful when your body suddenly doesn't feel as though it belongs to you but you belong to something much bigger, to the universe.

Dancing really helps me open up. Now am I any good at dancing? I have no idea. It doesn't really matter to me if I am, but to others it's a big deal. I tried to get some of my friends to dance with me but they wouldn't because they thought they weren't good at it and just sat there and watched. I felt like they were missing out but I suppose one can have an experience by just listening to the music. I loved the energy that was around us. I was dancing with this man much older than I who was a Druid. He was really awesome and wearing a Green Man shirt. We became instant friends.

Next year I hope to make the Festival bigger and better. I hope to have more people come to share in the message of peace, love and unity. Our little Festival was being shadowed by the big name of Phillip Phillips who was doing a concert during our African Tribal Dance Party. I kind of feel like I'm one of the few people who takes spirituality seriously. What I mean by that is that I feel like I'm one of the few people that searches and keeps searching for spiritual experiences to enhance my wisdom.

I don't practice Wicca as a fad. I practice it everyday in my dance, my meditation, my yoga, my thoughts, in just everything that I do. I want to be enlightened like the Buddha or the Dali Lama. And I want to share these experiences with everyone and shake them and tell them they can feel this too! They can feel like they are a part of something huge.

 Saddle Mountain Bluegrass Boys
 Kirtan Bandits

Me and friends dancing. (I'm the one behind the guy in the light green shirt with the green and blue skirt on dancing with my friend in the black jacket)
Blue Spirit Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment