Monday, April 29, 2013

Full Moon and Health Ritual

Last weekend I performed a Full Moon/Health Ritual with my group. It was wonderful because the weather was just right and no wind to blow out our candles! I love the wind but sometimes it can get rather annoying relighting candles. I usually get my candle maiden to make sure all the candles remain lit so I don't have to deal with it while I'm speaking to the group, casting the Circle, or instructing everyone about the next part of the ritual.

I performed the ritual barefoot as well as one of my other students. I advise people to do this because you can use the Earth energy in your ritual and to heal yourself. It was perfect for our Health Ritual. When I'm outside and barefoot I tend to move differently. I tend to move softly and smoothly in a crouching almost animal-like way. You just get into the moment and lose yourself. You aren't a person standing on Earth anymore. You become a part of the Earth. You meld into it and you move with it.

Beltane is approaching and I'm hoping to make a very good ritual for it. I have an outline of the ritual from Dynion Mwyn but I'm going to altar it slightly to include some of my own vision. We will be having two visitors with us who are new to the Craft and I want it to be a fun time for them. Beltane is like the polar opposite of Samhain. The veil between the worlds is also at its thinnest. While Samhain celebrates death, Beltane promotes life.

We will be celebrating it around 4 in the afternoon and I'm hoping for it to last quite awhile. Beltane is more of a solar sabbat. It is the last of the fertility festivals. I'm hoping for their to be dancing, singing, and I would really like to have a drum circle, and Goddess willing a maypole. Well, hopefully it'll be everything I'm hoping it'll be!


No comments:

Post a Comment